How To Start A Foundation
Below are the basic steps in establishing a local education foundation. For detailed information and resources email CCEF at: email@example.com
- Establish a core leadership group
- Define your reason for Being
- Share your plans with school and community leaders
- File for tax-exempt status
- Develop by-laws
- Recruit a board that reflects your community
- Establish committees and draft policies
- Develop a priority project list and an allocations process
- Create a fundraising plan and outline --identifying your unique resources
- Raise funds and friends through foundation activities
- Celebrate your success and evaluate your progress
"Starting an Education Foundation"
A CCEF booklet based on our 25 years of experience. The cost is $24 including shipping
"Education Foundation Fundamentals Workshop"
CCEF offers a one-day intensive workshop with a series of comprehensive workshop sessions. A reference binder is provided to all attendees. An upcoming workshop is being planned and details will appear here.